Here is what some of my colleagues have to say about work I do on a national level that directly affects our residents and the BHA:
“I have collaborated with Sue for decades on many key issues impacting public housing programs and policies across the nation. She is smart and committed to making public housing a better place for our residents.”
– Jan Goslee, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Housing Authority of the City of Baltimore
“Susan Cohen is one of the most knowledgeable and effective attorney's in the public housing field in the nation. And she is a tireless advocate for residents of public housing.”
– Daniel Wuenschel, retired Executive Director of the Cambridge Housing Authority and first President of CLPHA ( the (National) Council of Large Public Housing Authorities)
– Lisa L. Walker, CEO & General Counsel, Housing and Development Law Institute
– Ricardo Gilmore Saxon Gilmore & Carraway, P.A.
“Sue is well known and respected, not just in Massachusetts but nationally, for her decades of work on innovative solutions to some of our most intractable affordable housing challenges, particularly concerning affordable housing preservation and development.”
– Josh Meehan, Executive Director, Keene Housing Authority, and Vice President, MTW Collaborative
"Sue Cohen has worked for and with the residents of public housing for over 45 years; as the General Counsel for the Cambridge Housing Authority she understands the life issues that often confront residents; further, she brings a deep program knowledge and keen insight to the policies and programs that impact the housing authority and ultimately the residents. Her contributions to public housing are national, she brings that same dedication and skill set to Brookline.
– Gregory Russ, former CEO and Chair of the New York City Housing Authority and Executive Director of Cambridge Housing Authority
“I have known and worked with Sue for more than two decades. Sue has unparalleled expertise and experience in all aspects of public housing authority matters. She is both thoughtful and creative when addressing complex PHA issues and is fantastic at listening to different views and arriving at workable solutions.”
– Amy M. Glassman, Ballard Spahr LLP
– Tim Kaiser, Executive Director, Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA)